Obviously simplifying the federal budget down to household terms doesn’t make a lot of sense since both have very different needs, however one common need between the two is to create a fiscally responsible budget. I found this sign posted and even though it simplifies things down to numbers that are far easier to read, I am posting this without any seriousness, and purely as it made me laugh.
- U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
- Federal Budget: $3, 820,000,000,000
- New Debt: $1,650,000,000,000
- National Debt: $14,271,000,000,000
- Recent Budget Cuts: $ 38,500,000,000