Paraprosdokians are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected, and frequently humorous Winston Churchill loved them.
- Where there’s a will, I want to be in it.
- The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it’s still on my list.
- Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear brighter until you hear them speak.
- If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
- We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.
- War does not determine who is right – only who is left.
- Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
- To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
- I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
- In filling out an application, where it says, ‘In case of emergency, Notify:’ I put ‘DOCTOR’.
- Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy. (ever been to K-Mart)
- You don’t need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
- I used ot be indecisive. Now I’m not so sure.
- To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
- Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
- You’re never too old to learn something stupid.
- I’m supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
You must log in to post a comment.